Rules for GMC Foundation Scholarships
1. All applications are due in the Foundation office by 5 pm on April 15 of each year.
2. Students must have a cumulative GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. A sealed copy of the college transcript must be sent to the Foundation office.
3. Students must be registered as a full-time student in a baccalaureate accredited program or graduate level, and have completed half of their program to apply.
4. A 250-word essay stating, "Why I chose my major and how I will contribute to my chose profession upon graduation" must be submitted with the application.
5. Three personal references must be submitted, using the on-line recommendation form, or mailed in sealed envelopes to the Foundation Director. At least one reference must be from an instructor. Sorry, references from relatives are not acceptable.
6. All complete applications are sent on to the Scholarship Committee in May. The Scholarship Committee meets and selects finalists for personal interviews.
7. Once winners are selected, the scholarship donors and the winners are invited to the July Foundation Board meeting for the award presentation. The scholarships are paid directly to the colleges after the start of the new fiscal year (July 1.)
8. Recipients must remain enrolled full time for the year they received the award. If the Foundation becomes aware that a student is no longer enrolled, the Foundation Director will notify the college and request return of the scholarship award.